Search This Blog

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Jill Stuart Airy Tint CC Cream Review & Swatches

   


    

The Jill Stuart Airy Tint CC Cream first made its debut in Japan on March 7, 2014. It comes in two shades: 01 light floral beige and 02 natural floral beige. There is 30mL or 1.1 oz. of product for 3,200 JPY or about $32 (USD). The product claims that it is a "CC cream that replenishes skin with moisturizing benefit and provides natural coverage that conceals pores and imperfections. Helps reduce shine for a pure, even-toned and translucent complexion." In addition, there is SPF30/PA++ so you don't need to apply sunscreen when wearing this product.  

I was curious to try a CC cream after seeing many different cosmetic companies releasing their own versions. To be honest, I don't know much about CC creams and their difference between BB creams, tinted moisturizers, etc. except for the fact that they are supposed to color correct. 

I purchased the 02 natural floral beige. Unlike many BB creams, which sometimes have a grey tint to them, this CC cream has a nice yellow undertone to it. The color range is of course quite small; however, I feel that it will match many Asian skin tones, as well as people with light to medium skin tones. Even if this product may be a little light for some, it can easily be fixed by setting it with a darker powder.

When applying this product, I noticed the pleasant floral smell. The fragrance is very light and not overpowering, so if you don't like scented products it shouldn't be a problem because the scent fades away shortly after application. 

 Before: Bare Face 
                                          After: Product applied with fingers
As you can see, there is a brightening effect to this product. It gives a light-medium coverage that can be built up with a second application. It definitely blurs the appearance of pores and hides imperfections, but doesn't cover them completely. If you really want to hide all imperfections, I suggest using a concealer with this product. This CC cream gives a natural, your skin but better finish. It is great for those with normal to oily skin, like myself, and gives a semi-matte finish throughout the day. I noticed that my skin looked less oily throughout the day when wearing this product. I have been reaching for this product ever since I purchased it even ignoring my high-end foundations (Chanel & Givenchy). I adore the natural, effortless finish it gives me and it has quickly become an HG (holy grail) favorite of mine.


Swatches in natural outdoor lighting
OVERALL:
  • Rating: 4 out of 5 
  • Perfect for Spring and Summer
  • Great for controlling oil and minimizing pores
  • Natural Finish

Cons
  • Hard to find outside of Japan
  • Cannot get full coverage with this product alone
  • Small color range
If you've tried this product, let me know what you thought about it below. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment