Search This Blog

Friday, August 24, 2012

Summertime Fun--Zushi Beach

Yesterday, a friend and I went to Zushi Beach to beat the summer heat (91F/33C). I have been to a couple of other beaches in Japan, but this was the first time either of us had ever been to Zushi beach in particular. Zushi station is about a 52 minute train ride from Shinagawa station via the JR Yokosuka line. To find out how to access Zushi station from other starting stations, as well as train costs and train times, you can use http://www.hyperdia.com/. Once at Zushi station, the beach is about a 15 minute walk.

There were quite a few people at the beach, especially because it was a Friday, but it wasn't too crowded. We were able to find a spot easily.





A refreshing beer at the beach.


There are many food stalls set up along the beach selling things like たこ焼き(takoyaki), 焼きそば(yakisoba), かき氷 (shave ice), and 酒 (alcohol). I had melon かき氷 and my friend had strawberry かき氷. We also ate yakisoba, but we ate it before I could take a picture.


We stayed to watch the sunset. It was quite breath-taking and relaxing. Overall, I really enjoyed Zushi and like how convenient it is to access considering it's only an hour away from Tokyo, since most beaches are two or more hours away from Tokyo. It was also nice that there were many food stalls right on the beach. The only downside to Zushi is that my friend and I were stung/bitten by something while swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment